Thursday, July 14, 2016

Peaceful PACU

I haven't written a hateful blog post since I left the ED.  I actually haven't written any posts here because I've been too busy with school.  In fact, I rarely even get worked up at work anymore.  It's like the calming anesthesia gases permeate our little hamster cage and we all walk around and just chill.  The clinical coordinator is cool as shit, funny, educated, no drama.  The docs trust me.  The nurses ask me questions and look up to me.  I have friends I sit with and gossip about FERN ("Former ER Nurse" on the verge of retirement).  I re-read a few of my posts tonight, and I am in a tranquil state of inner peace.  The ER made me who I am, but I got out before it broke me and turned me into a miserable person.  It made me go back to school, and for that hard push I am eternally grateful to my former incompetent manager, director, and lazy-ass co-workers.  "You haters is what gave me this strength".  15.5 months left of school, clinical rotation starts in 6 weeks.  Lab coat fits awesome, and I look damn sexy in ceil blue scrubs.  Trauma NP or ICU NP?  Or maybe Cardiothoracic surg?  Or Cardiology in general?  The sky's the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment